I did start a crocheting project. I've never crocheted before. People say that it is easier than knitting, but since I learned to knit years before even touching crochet, I find knitting easier. I found this project from Pintrest. I thought it look adorable and decided it was time to learn to crotchet. So I began the Calm Cowl over the weekend and I liked doing it. I didn't stop until I ran out of yarn.
I haven't gone to get more yarn yet. So that one is just sitting there waiting to get done. I may go and get it this weekend so I can finish it.
A couple more projects I started was Winter Twilight Mitts. I started it once a while back, but it was way too tight. Now it's more to the gauge that the pattern says and it is fitting better. And the design is looking better too. I should work on these one a bit more.
I did start another project this past week while I had a bit of insomnia. Susie Rogers' Reading Mitts. I finished one side in just a few hours. Then realized the sun had come up and that I needed to get some sleep. The next night I got the other side done. But I ran out of yarn, again. I only had one more row and my thumb to do. So I just used some black yarn.
I was going to post a picture, but I was having some technical difficulties.
I finished that one, and now starting on a new sweater. $5 in Paris. That one might take me a while, knowing my history with starting sweaters and cardigans. It's also the first time doing a top down pattern. All my others have been down up. We'll see how this one works. I'm using yarn from another project that I decided to start over with better yarn.
Oh! And on my Reading Mitts, I was looking for some yarn last night and found another skein of the purple I had been using. So I did have more yarn, I just didn't know I did. It could have been all purple, instead of my random black thumb. Sad face.
No comments:
Post a Comment